Centre for Training Pty Ltd takes the privacy of our participants very seriously and we will comply with all legislative requirements.
- Please note that Centre for Training collects personal information for internal use and in compliance with privacy laws, participants are advised that personal information provided by students enrolling in the training will be provided to government departments as required, including the Australian Skills Quality Authority, NSW Food Authority, NSW Office of Liquor Gaming & Racing and Victorian Department of Justice
These include the Privacy Act and National Privacy Principles (2001).
Your enrolment form provides for Participants to give permission for us to discuss the Participants progress with their employer. In some cases we will be required by law or required by the NVR Standards to make participant information available to others. In all other cases we ensure that we will seek the written permission of the participant.
The ten Privacy Principles are defined below:
- Collection - We will collect only the information necessary for one or more of our functions. The individual will be told the purposes for which the information is collected.
- Use and disclosure - Personal information will not be used or disclosed for a secondary purpose unless the individual has consented or a prescribed exception applies.
- Data quality – We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
- Data Security – We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Openness – We will document how we manage personal information and when asked by an individual, will explain the information we hold, for what purpose and how we collect, hold, use and disclose the information.
- Access and correction - The individual will be given access to the information held except to the extent that prescribed exceptions apply. We will correct and up date information errors described by the individual.
- Unique Identifiers - Commonwealth Government identifiers (Medicare number or tax file number) will only be used for the purposes for which they were issued. We will not assign unique identifiers except where it is necessary to carry out its functions efficiently.
- Anonymity - Wherever possible, Centre for Training Pty Ltd will provide the opportunity for the individual to interact with them without identifying themselves.
- Trans-border Data Flows - The individual’s privacy protections apply to the transfer of personal information out of Australia.
- Sensitive Information – We will seek the consent of the individual when collecting sensitive information about the individual such as health information, or information about the individual’s racial or ethnic background, or criminal record.
PRIVACY NOTICE: Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Centre for Training is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by Centre for Training for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Centre for Training may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
Student Declaration and Consent
I, ………………………………………………………………............(student name).
I declare that the information I have provided to the best of my knowledge is true and correct.
I consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in accordance with the Privacy Notice above.
I confirm that I agree to the terms and conditions of enrolment with Centre for Training and grant permission where required to give my personal details to government departments under the ASQA conditions for RTO compliance, including, but not limited to USI department, Office of Liquor Gaming & Racing and/or NSW Food Authority. Further that the assessment process has been explained to me and I wish to enroll in course indicated above on the enrolment form.
STUDENT SIGNATURE [or electronic acknowledgement] ………………………………… DATE …………………………………
PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURE [or electronic acknowledgement]* ……………………… DATE …………………………
*Parental/guardian consent is required for all students under the age of 18.