As of 1 February 2023, Centre for Training began delivering the NEW NSW RCG - Responsible Conduct of Gaming course.
This course is required for anyone working in a Gaming area of a NSW Club or Hotel.
The cost of your RCG NSW Liquor & Gaming interim certificate and NSW Photo competency card are included in your enrolment fee.
The NEW RCG - Responsible Conduct of Gambling, does not include a Nationally Recognised Unit of Competency.
Content of NEW NSW RCG course
Different types of gambling in NSW and Australia.
How gambling problems develop, and the types of harm it leads to for the person, their family, and the community.
Gaming machine laws you need to know about to ensure a safe, responsible gambling environment.
A new approach to identify, assist, report and monitor patrons when you notice warning signs of problem gambling.
Putting what you have learned into practice.
There are no specified entry requirements for this RCG training program,however you must be 18 years of age to work in a licensed gaming venue.
On successful completion of your RCG class, L&GNSW will send you the link and log-in details to complete the mandatory L&GNSW online RCG assessment.
The online assessment comprises of 30 multiple choice, True/False and scenario-based questions. You need to score 100% to pass and have unlimited attempts to pass. The assessment is expected to take 20 minutes to complete.
On passing the assessment L&GNSW will email you an RCG interim certificate.
The interim certificate is valid for 90 days and allows you to work immediately.
- If you wish to pre-read the NSW Liquor & Gaming RCG Student material CLICK here to access the current Liquor & Gaming materials.
What to bring:
- One form of photo identification. Ideally, an Australian driver’s licence or your passport.
- Blue or black pen and note paper
- Please arrive 10-minutes before the scheduled start time.
- A mask for your own & others protection to wear in the training room.
- Ensure you read our Terms and conditions prior to enrolling.
- PLEASE NOTE: Centre for Training does not currently offer the Advanced Responsible Conduct of Gaming (ARCG) course.
- The Advanced RCG (ARCG) course is recommended for you if you are a gambling floor manager or supervisor in a hotel or club,hotel licensee, or a club secretary. This training helps to better prepare and support you in meeting your greater gambling harm minimisation responsibilities and obligations under the NSW Gaming Laws
Detailed information is available on the NSW Government Gamble Aware website - CLICK this link for more information