Centre for Training is approved by Liquor & Gaming NSW to provide the mandatory NSW RSA and RCG training, these courses are required for anyone who works with liquor or gaming in NSW. The cost of your NSW interim certificate and NSW Photo competency card is included in your enrolment fee.
*The fee for RSA training is $145.00 when you enrol and pay online. This fee includes the NSW Government Liquor and Gaming fees for your RSA interim certificate and Liquor & Gaming competency card . The cost of phone or invoiced enrolments is $160. 00.
So when you find the course venue and date on our website that will suit you, save $15 by enrolling online via this website - prepayment by credit or debit card ( visa or mastercard is required for online enrolments)
Find your preferred training location and date for you class and enrol yourself or others online
by clicking on this view courses
- Attend the class (bring your government issued ID (Drivers licence or passport), USI, pen and paper
After training you will receive your interim certificates by email directly from Liquor & Gaming NSW
If you complete both an RSA and an RCG course at the same time, you will receive a seperate interim certificate for each course.
- Participants who successfully complete this course will receive an interim NSW RSA certificate that allows them to work immediately in licensed venues across NSW (except for the Kings Cross area in Sydney. You will need to wait until you have your NSW RSA photo competency card).
You will need to present the interim certificate and 100 points of identification at a NSW Service Centre or RMS Office where you will be able to order your photo competency card.
You can look up your closest location with the Service NSW centre locator.
The fee for the photo-card is included in your training fee, therefore you will have nothing further to pay to collect your photo-card.
- Your card is valid for five years and serves as proof that you have completed the necessary course to work in a licensed venue.
Unit of competency:
- Successful participants will receive a Nationallly recognised Statement of Attainment in SITHFAB002 - (supersedes SITHFAB201) Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol. For SITHFAB002 unit of competency please click here
- There are no specified entry requirements for this training program, however you must be 18 years of age to work in a licensed venue in NSW.
- Legislation affecting the service of alcohol
- Responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines
- How can you responsibly serve alcohol to prevent intoxication?
- To pass the Responsible Service of Alcohol course you will need to complete a written and practical assessment. Pre-course reading is not required, as your trainer will teach you everything you need to know on the day. However, you are welcome to download and read the RSA Student notes on the Liquor & Gaming website by clicking here.
What to bring:
- One form of photo identification. Ideally an Australian driver’s licence or your passport.
- Blue or black pen and note paper
- Please arrive 10-minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Ensure you read our Student handbook before enrolling, as it contains our terms and conditions.
You can download a copy of the RSA Student workbook here This will be updated when Liquor and Gaming NSW (Government) issue a new version.
*The fee for RSA training is generally $145 but may differ in different locations.