Please ensure you check our terms and conditions prior to enrolling and choose your course carefully. Information on some of our policy's can be read further down this page or you can download our participants handbook below for more detailed information.
CLICK HERE to download our Participant handbook
Do you have a PDF reader?
You will need a pdf reader to download, view and print PDF documents.
Click HERE to download FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader. Don't forget to uncheck the 'Optional offers' from McAfee - unless you want them.
USI - Unique Student Identifier:
Anyone undertaking nationally recognised training will need a Unique Student Identifier before their qualification can be issued.
For more information about the USI and to create yours now, go to www.usi.gov.au and have your USI emailed directly to you.
By enrolling you give permission for Centre for Training staff to access your USI to check your USI directly from the USI website.
If you need assistance with your USI call the USI government department on 1300 857 536.
Interstate RSA Holders
Prospective students with a prior interstate RSA certification must disclose this prior to enrolment.
You may be eligible to complete NSW RSA Bridging course offered by L&GNSW call 1300 024 720
Centre for Training does not have the ability to check your eligibility for the RSA Bridging course.
Fees and Refund Policies
Refunds for Classes:
Centre for Training does not accept any responsibility for changes in a student’s personal circumstances.
Students should choose carefully prior to enrolment as refunds and transfers will not usually be given.
A total refund will be made in the following circumstances:
- CFT is unable to provide or ceases to provide the course for which the student has applied or is enrolled.
- Where the course is full
- If Student’s application for enrolment is refused by CFT.
A partial refund will only be granted if the student lodges a request for refund of course fees in writing no less than 5 working days before the commencement of the course. A refund will then be issued within 10 working days for the total amount paid to Centre for Training, less an administrative charge as follows:
If Student withdraws more than 5 days before the course commences CFT refund fee paid - less administrative fee.
If Student withdraws under 5 days prior to the course commencing CFT refund fee paid - less administrative fee.
NOTE: Total or partial refunds may also be given in exceptional circumstances, which prevent a student taking a place after accepting an offer, as follows:
- illness or disability. Documentary evidence must be provided, fo example a Doctors Certificate.
- A student withdraws from a course, for whatever reason, on the day of the course will not be eligible for a refund.
- If Student withdraws after the course commences. - No refund given
Any student who wishes to obtain a refund on the above or on any other grounds should make an application in writing and forward by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for transfers received prior to the course commencement date for a $25 fee on top of course fee.
Fees for replacement certificates:
Please download the relevant type of certificate you require to be reissued, download and complete order form and return to us by email or post- contact details are on the forms.
Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment $25.00 each
NSW LGR RSA or RCG interim certificate reissued $25.00 each
NSW Food Authority Food Safety Supervisor Certificate $35.00 each
Replacement NSW RSA & RCG Competency cards are issued by Liquor and Gaming NSW, you need to deal directly with the NSW Office of Liquor Gaming and Racing - we provide the training, but do not provide the competency cards.
Distance Learning (Correspondence) Students
Centre for Training recognises that refunds of fees paid in advance should be made to students under the following conditions:
- Centre for Training agrees to refund, within 10 days, without deduction, all fees where the student’s application for enrolment is refused by Centre for Training.
- Centre for Training agrees to refund, within 10 days, all fees paid, less a $50.00 administration charge, where, by reason or reasons beyond the student’s control, (including Acts of God, Acts of Government authorities, civil strike and riots), the student is prevented from completing the Training.
Refunds for online training:
Centre for Training agrees to refund, within 10 days, fees paid with a $50 deduction for administration fees upon the following conditions:
- the computer system being used by the student does not meet the minimum requirements detailed for use of the online learning material;
- a student enrolling in, and not commencing training, then determining it is not the correct course for their needs. For instance, they accidently enrolled into the incorrect course , please note: there is a clear description on the Centre for Training website detailing what the training is for.
- Centre for Training agrees to refund, within 10 days, with no deduction, fees where the student has been unable to access the online learning material due to a Centre for Training system failure of the learning material. That is, the learning material is not available for access by all students due to technical failure of the learning platform.
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Centre for Training is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on the enrolment form or online portal and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by Centre for Training for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Centre for Training may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
- Issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
Class sizes for training:
- RSA & RCG maximum of 30 participants
- Food Safety maximum of 30 participants
Last modified: Monday 4 November 2019 - approved CEO J White.